SANORD-SAFINET Webinar on Collaboration in Health and Well-being
Tampere University in Finland invites Southern African higher education institutions’ staff and students to participate in a webinar on collaboration in health and well-being on 17 June at 12:00-14:00 CAT/SAST 13:00-15:00 EEST.
The webinar is jointly organized by SAFINET, Southern African and Finnish Higher Education Institutions’ for Health and Well-being network, and SANORD, Southern African-Nordic Centre. Please join the webinar to hear about current collaboration and potential for engaging in joint activities in health and well-being within the networks. For registration, agenda and presenters, please see below.
- Umesh Bawa, Director of the SANORD Central Office, University of the Western Cape
- Vice Dean Sami Pirkola, SAFINET’s academic director, Tampere University
Social protection and health: A multisectoral global agenda:
- Associate professor Salla Atkins, Tampere University and Karolinska Institutet
- Ms Lieve Vanleeuw, South African Medical Research Council and Tampere University
Arts, participatory design, democratic development and service development
- Dean Satu Miettinen, Professor of Service Design, University of Lapland
- Dr Melanie Sarantou, Senior Researcher, University of Lapland
- Michelle van Wyk, Design Lecturer, Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Facilitation of healthcare (healthtech) innovations
- Prof. Jari Hyttinen, Computational Biophysics and Imaging Group, Tampere University
Collaboration with Finnish Higher Education Institutions
- Dr. Ellen Ndeshi Namhila, Pro Vice Chancellor, University of Namibia