Exchange Application Criteria
A commitment to global learning, a sound academic record, an attitude of respect, openness and ethical engagement are required for success in exchange activities and programmes.
UWC students should note the following criteria, when applying for an international exchange opportunity:
- Applications are open to all full-time registered students at UWC.
- Undergraduate students who have completed at least one year of university studies.
- Postgraduate as advertised.
- A sound academic record of not less than 70% average is required.
- Your UWC Academic Study Record for up to and including 2020 must be available.
- The exchange period is for a semester from:
- January 2021 to June 2021.
- August 2021 to December 2021.
- All courses selected from the host university must be approved by your UWC Faculty.
- Credits received for courses approved by the home university, taken at the host university, will be transferred in accordance with the appropriate rules and regulations of UWC.
- Undergraduate students in their final year are generally limited in their choice of courses, and in some instances participating in a student exchange programme may delay their graduation.
- You will pay tuition fees for the entire year registered at UWC – no reduction of fees will be given during the exchange period.
- You should not de-register any courses until arrangements for your exchange are finalised.
- You should not cancel your student residence until all the arrangements for your exchange have been finalised, and you should make arrangements to secure accommodation on your return.
Are you ready to take the next step in your studies?
UWC has exchange agreements with universities around the world. Such a programme provides international students with an opportunity to interact with local students on a social and academic level. It allows the embrace of a new culture and different lifestyle.