In the EPOS Programme, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) awards scholarships for preselected Master’s degrees offered in English at German universities in development-related fields.
The scholarships offer young professionals from developing and newly industrialised countries in development-related fields with a first academic degree and at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take up a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a German university.
Deadlines are fixed throughout the year and vary according to the degree programme. Most of the deadlines lie between August and October, however. A good three months are needed to prepare the application.
Who can apply?
Highly qualified graduates from Sub-Saharan Africa who have:
– obtained their first higher education degree no more than six years ago in the relevant field for the degree programme of their choice;
– at least two-years’ relevant work experience after their first academic degree (this is non-negotiable).
Fields of Study
Engineering-related sciences, health-related sciences, development, agriculture, environmental sciences, law, media studies, urban planning, economic/political sciences, social sciences, education.
There are generally no tuition fees in Germany. Scholarship holders are exempted from tuition fees if the degree programme of their choice charges tuition fees.
- Monthly scholarship payment for living costs: 861 EUR; Health insurance;
- Travel allowance between Germany and home country;
- Study allowance;
- Rent subsidies and family supplements, if applicable.
Candidates can apply to up to three preselected Master’s degrees in the scholarship programme. Candidates apply directly to the preselected German universities of their choice in the programme. Application procedure varies according to the university. Check out the documents and links below for more information.