Global Foodnet Meets UI-SouthVation Webinars
Global Foodnet is a network that brings together food innovators in Kenya, southern Africa, Peru and Finland developing foods from indigenous foods with indigenous knowledge.
Global Foodnet is formed by the University of Eastern Finland (UEF), the Centre of Innovation for Andean Grains (CIINCA) at the Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina (UNALM), Tshwane University of Technology (TUT), Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), University Innovations Global (UI) and the Southern Africa Network for Biosciences (SanBIO). The network will feature in University Innovation Global’s SouthVation webinar series, to tell the stories of food innovation from indigenous foods with indigenous knowledge.
The webinar, Bring Your Own Food Product, is the first in a three-part webinar series which will culminate into UI-SouthVation’s Challenge 2021.
Date: Thursday, 18 November 2021
Time: 3:00 pm (SAST)
Please see further information on Global Foodnet HERE.
- Key Note
- Kgaladi Thema Sethoga, Founder, House of Indiza
- Local Knowledge of Insects for Food
- John Kinyuru, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- Innovative Bakery Products
- Jimena Correa, La Universidad Nacional la Plata Argentina
- Indulge without feeling guilty
- Professor Unathi Kolanisi, University of Zululand
- Q & A
- Breakout-room Discussion
- Moderators: Professor David Katerere and Professor Ereck Chakauya.
The webinar is free, however it requires registration.